Jennings Environmental Management, Inc. was established by President Wayne Jennings in Binghamton, New York, in 1981.
The family-owned and operated company provides consultant services that include Environmental Remediation Design, asbestos building pre-demolition surveys, asbestos project management (including project & air monitoring), lead surveys, lead-based paint plans, Phase 1 and Phase II site assessments, indoor air quality assessments, mold remediation design, tank remediation (PID readings), mercury testing, water testing for gas drilling and experience and knowledge to oversee all construction phase of a environmental project.
The firm maintains offices in New York state, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Acapulco, Mexico, specializing in services for educational, commercial, industrial, institutional and religious facilities.
Doreen R. Jennings-Mancuso has served as vice president, responsible for administration, and marketing, for more than 25 years. She was responsible for developing the firm from asbestos specialty into a full-service inspections & assessments environmental consulting firm, inclusive of services concerning inspections/surveys, petroleum bulk storage tanks, lead-based paint, lead in drinking water, indoor air quality, and site assessments (Phase 1 and Phase II), etc. She was also responsible for all corporate operations including, but not limited to, administration, and managerial operations. Duties include marketing, assistance in field operations, negotiation of contracts, inspections/surveys of facilities, scheduling/mobilizations/coordination of on-Site Project and Air Monitoring services during Construction Phases of Projects, development of report and cost estimates, assistance to Facility Owners and Design Professionals in implementation of recommendations and preparation of required documentation. Review of Contractor and Laboratory Project documentation and final report for submission to Facility Owners, Design Professionals and regulatory agencies.
James F. Mancuso serves as director of technical operations, and is responsible for all technical and field operations, for more than 27 years. Throughout its history the company has grown in size and expertise in response to the ever-evolving environmental management industry. Each staff member has extraordinary industry-specific practical experience supplemented with ongoing training in multiple disciplines, making the Jennings Environmental Management, Inc. team the most effective resource to appropriately, efficiently, and expediently address virtually any environmental project. Most of our clients are repeat clients who understand our teams committed and dedicated to each and every Project.
Qualifications and Certification
Our team is certified by regulatory agencies as required to work on most environmental projects, but Jennings Environmental goes above and beyond required certifications.
- NYSDOL asbestos project designer, asbestos project management, asbestos building inspector, asbestos supervisor, asbestos project monitoring and air sampling technician.
- EPA Lead Firm License, EPA Lead Risk Assessor and EPA lead Inspector
- OSHA HAZWOPPER
- Construction Safety
- OSHA certification for hazardous materials.
- OSHA confined space certification.
Professional Affiliations and Training
Jennings Environmental Management, Inc. prides itself on providing only the highest quality environmental services. Each member of our technical staff is trained in a variety of disciplines.
While our training and education is ongoing, here is a sampling of our professional affiliations and training history:
- New York State Department of Labor, EPA AHERA Asbestos training and certification for Building Inspector and Management Planning, Department of Labor Supervisor/Air Sampling Technician, Project Monitor, and Project Designer
- EPA Certified for Lead Inspector / Risk Assessor / Project Design
- OSHA Confined Space Certification
- National Asbestos Council
- National Institute for Building Sciences
- Environmental Safety Council of America
- Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- Broome County Main Street Revitalization
- The Restore NY Program
- Broome County Environmental Group
- Current Board Member and Previous Chair of Broome County Environmental Management Council (EMC)
- Previous Member of EMC Committees: Pesticide, Brownfields, and Natural Resources
- Previous Chair, Broome County Lead Abatement Task Force (EMC)
- Recognized in the “Who’s Who of Environmental Registry”
- Broome County Brownfield Committee